Friday, September 21, 2012

Antique Jewelry Cravings

There comes a time in every women's life when jewelry cravings become incessantly loud and unignorable.
In my case, this was brought on by a detour we took on our PA vacation to Adamstown, aka Antique capital USA. Do you see where I'm going with this? Browsing through those mall size antique stores made me think I don't nearly have enough jewelry. Right about the same time, husband decided he doesn't nearly have enough antique cameras. Guess which we ended up coming home with? I almost bought a white gold filigree ring, but as I was ready to make the happy purchase, I noticed that the ring was damaged. Since the filigree was very intricate, I didn't want to risk having to repair it and so the ring and I parted company. Now, of course there's this emptiness where the ring should have been and I find myself obsessively browsing eBay, Etsy and Ruby Lane in search of a substitute.
Unfortunately, my taste never agrees with my budget and all the rings I REALLY want, I can only dream of.

On a separate note, I was pleased and a little disturbed to find that my kids are little antiques enthusiasts. Instead of being bored and whining like I expected them to, they were actually fascinated with all the cool junk treasures. When we were back, I asked my daughter what she liked the most about our trip. Her response was "The Amish, the Toy Train museum and the Antiques".  So there, I've created a mini me.

And now for some visuals. Here's what I'm currently drooling over.









This one's the queen of all rings. The beauty and the price tag takes my breath away.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails